Saturday, November 19, 2005

Gypsies In The Palace

We went to the Pirate Festival today. You can get the gist of it from the website.

My favorite part was the little comedy/magic show we watched called “Bunnies in Peril”. Nothing funnier than watching some pirates trying to be funny, not being real successful, and not really caring. My favorite part was when they picked a hottie out of the crowd to be sawn in half (“you wore the dress, you pay the consequences”) and discovered that she was ticklish.

Low part was when Eli wanted to ride the sea dragon ride, but then pussed out at the last minute. I started to force him, but he started to scream like a sissy. This is the same boy who impressed us last year when he rode up in a bucket truck by himself. Aaron still wanted to go, so I took Sarah instead of Eli. After the ride started, he started to cry because he didn’t go. I think he was ashamed.

There was something very strange about the place that I couldn’t put my finger on. Of course there was the period clothing, but these folks looked a little too comfortable in it. Maybe it was the music they were playing, or the crafts and wares they were selling. Maybe it was the long hair and the tattoos, or the Asian guy with the blue eyes. This was similar to a traveling fair outfit, but something was definitely different.

It wasn’t until later that I realized what it was. These folks are gypsies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home