Kiss My Tatoosh
We saw Paul Allen's Tatoosh on the way out last Monday.
This boat is 300 feet long, has a crew of 30, at least one helicopter (I read something that said it had two, but I'm doubtful and I only saw one), six other surface boats including a 43' sailboat (see the mast?), a submarine, and a garage (I'm pretty sure I see a Porsche on the stern). And of course it also has a spa, pool, theater, and all the normal stuff. Sure, Paul's got money, but what I find most amazing is that he has three megayachts and this one isn't even the biggest. His biggest is 400-something feet and has a crew of 60. I don't think I could sleep at night.
It looks very out of place. Obviously no marina around here can accomodate a boat that size so she has no choice but to tie up at the commercial docks. She's nestled in with Coast Guard cutters, shrimp boats, and various "research" vessels festooned with all sorts or equipment and machinery. Not quite the extravagant location she was designed for. Really makes you wonder why she's here at all.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home